Any chance of a second remaster box?

Latest news of new music, albums, remixes and YELLO projects
pablo
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed Sep 16, 2009 7:58 pm

Any chance of a second remaster box?

Postby pablo » Wed Sep 16, 2009 8:00 pm

I have the wonderful box of remasters, albums one through six. With the new album coming soon, has there been any rumor if maybe a second box containing the next six albums remastered with bonus tracks might be released soon?
User avatar
Bjossi
Posts: 136
Joined: Thu May 14, 2009 6:19 pm
Location: Iceland
Contact:

Postby Bjossi » Wed Sep 16, 2009 8:49 pm

I wouldn't doubt it, Boris must have been working on something while Touch Yello was in stasis waiting for a release, right? 8)
User avatar
julz
Site Admin
Posts: 290
Joined: Sun Apr 11, 2004 5:42 pm
Location: New York
Contact:

Postby julz » Wed Sep 16, 2009 9:13 pm

I was told by them it’s likely they will remaster the 5 following albums after the last remasters. Now as to when? Things are moving much more slowly lately :)
Julz
User avatar
Bjossi
Posts: 136
Joined: Thu May 14, 2009 6:19 pm
Location: Iceland
Contact:

Postby Bjossi » Thu Sep 17, 2009 8:43 am

I think that was just a problem with signing a contract with a label, wasn't Touch Yello ready for primetime a year or two ago?

Anyway, if they do make a second remaster series, I hope those remasters will be properly done (like the first 6?), too many such projects involve over-compression and ramping up the loudness to the point of clipping being audible. I know Boris would never do such mistakes (just look at spectrograms of The Eye or calculate album gain, not a trace of loudness war participation), but as far as I know Boris wasn't the only one who worked on the remaster series. :?
User avatar
JonKamm
Posts: 309
Joined: Sun Apr 11, 2004 11:26 pm
Location: Illinois, USA
Contact:

Postby JonKamm » Thu Sep 17, 2009 8:55 pm

Bjossi wrote:I think that was just a problem with signing a contract with a label, wasn't Touch Yello ready for primetime a year or two ago?

Anyway, if they do make a second remaster series, I hope those remasters will be properly done (like the first 6?), too many such projects involve over-compression and ramping up the loudness to the point of clipping being audible. I know Boris would never do such mistakes (just look at spectrograms of The Eye or calculate album gain, not a trace of loudness war participation), but as far as I know Boris wasn't the only one who worked on the remaster series. :?


Pretty sure Boris does the remastering himself. Julian would know.

The first 6 were difficult because they were so old. The next ones should be easier to remaster.

Everyone talks about how long it took for this album to come out. But Yello released more between The Eye and this album then they ever have.


Planet Dada Remixes
Soul On Ice Remix contest
Remastered 6 full albums with extra tracks
Construction Sonor Project - Lightosphere
Yello Electropop Documentary
Zurich Christmas Light show
Re-issued The Eye in 2CD set
The Oh Yeah Oh Six Mixes
The Audi commercial and premiere
Progress and Perfection CD
Danger Global Warming track
Cargo soundtrack

and now a whole new album and virtual concert film.

I don't think Yello has slacked off a bit. They are working harder then ever. I didn't even include Dieter's solo projects.
Administrator
User avatar
Bjossi
Posts: 136
Joined: Thu May 14, 2009 6:19 pm
Location: Iceland
Contact:

Postby Bjossi » Fri Sep 18, 2009 8:12 pm

Looking at the backside of one of my remaster copies, it says 'Remastered by Boris Blank and Ursli Weber at powerplaystudios.ch'.
User avatar
JonKamm
Posts: 309
Joined: Sun Apr 11, 2004 11:26 pm
Location: Illinois, USA
Contact:

Postby JonKamm » Sat Sep 19, 2009 2:08 am

Bjossi wrote:Looking at the backside of one of my remaster copies, it says 'Remastered by Boris Blank and Ursli Weber at powerplaystudios.ch'.


I'm sure Boris did all the important work. Ursli probably brought him coffee.
Administrator
User avatar
Bjossi
Posts: 136
Joined: Thu May 14, 2009 6:19 pm
Location: Iceland
Contact:

Postby Bjossi » Sat Sep 19, 2009 9:37 pm

Hehe, whatever it takes to meet the most talented musician alive eh? :)
Perthguy
Posts: 45
Joined: Sat May 09, 2009 10:31 pm

Postby Perthguy » Sun Sep 20, 2009 11:38 pm

How come no thread is seen on the main page afte New yello double cd coming soon?? you have to click the small arrow next to the latest person who posted.
And I didn't know yello released a double cd of the eye, where do you get thet from? :)
User avatar
JonKamm
Posts: 309
Joined: Sun Apr 11, 2004 11:26 pm
Location: Illinois, USA
Contact:

Postby JonKamm » Mon Sep 21, 2009 12:19 am

Perthguy wrote:How come no thread is seen on the main page afte New yello double cd coming soon?? you have to click the small arrow next to the latest person who posted.
And I didn't know yello released a double cd of the eye, where do you get thet from? :)


The Double CD was through Radical Records. The second CD contained the Dada remixes and a quickTime version of the Music Video.
Administrator
pablo
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed Sep 16, 2009 7:58 pm

Re: Any chance of a second remaster box?

Postby pablo » Sun Aug 26, 2012 10:17 pm

Any news of this at all?

Return to “Latest YELLO News”