No votes

Total votes: 39
JonKamm

Favorite song from "Flag"

Postby JonKamm » Fri Apr 16, 2004 3:42 pm

Choose your favorite
marko

Postby marko » Tue May 25, 2004 11:55 am

of course im lying of course again it is so cool and laid back and puts me in a trance.
julz
Site Admin

Postby julz » Tue May 25, 2004 11:58 am

It seems more people agree on their favorite sond on this album more then any other one.
Julz
Dreamer

Postby Dreamer » Tue Sep 07, 2004 5:24 am

The Race gets my vote because "Flag" was my first album and I remember I really liked that song and wanted more. Also I like "Tied Up in Red" much but it didn't make that kind of first impression.
MisterClaudeFr33

Postby MisterClaudeFr33 » Sat Sep 25, 2004 12:23 pm

:!: I voted for the race because it was the first track wich I knew from Yello and I like it very much!
Claude SEGERAL
Dreamer

Postby Dreamer » Sun Oct 17, 2004 3:23 am

Who voted for "Otto Di Catania"? I think it the worst song in album. It is not even a song! Just a speech (Spanish?).
laurens

Postby laurens » Fri Oct 29, 2004 5:58 am

Dreamer wrote: It is not even a song! Just a speech (Spanish?).

I guess you don't like rapping either, as it is just poetry(usually). Poetry with music, sounds like the general criteria for music to me, but I am just a beholder, so what do I know
....Combi Reni, Combi Rani, Grazzi......
Laurens van Graft
Supercool! Supercool!, are you Supercool?
No you're not Supercool!!!
Dreamer

Postby Dreamer » Tue Nov 09, 2004 10:56 am

laurens wrote:
Dreamer wrote: It is not even a song! Just a speech (Spanish?).

I guess you don't like rapping either, as it is just poetry(usually). Poetry with music, sounds like the general criteria for music to me, but I am just a beholder, so what do I know
....Combi Reni, Combi Rani, Grazzi......

You guessed right, I hate rap!
Ulver

Postby Ulver » Thu Dec 15, 2005 4:04 pm

Of course it is "Of Course I'm Lying"!!
No one likes us... we don't care
Shaggy

Postby Shaggy » Fri Feb 17, 2006 1:56 pm

Ow, this is a hard one.

Tied up
Otto di Catania
The Race
Tied up in Red

I can't choose for a while...
lexus7

Postby lexus7 » Tue Sep 12, 2006 4:51 pm

Don't know why but 3d of june is my most favourite from "Flag".
corneliusmurphy

Postby corneliusmurphy » Fri Oct 13, 2006 6:03 pm

Shocker! I can't believe I'm the only person to vote for Blazing Saddles. Big fan of the Latinohouse version too.
Bjossi

Postby Bjossi » Thu Jun 04, 2009 7:47 pm

Blazing Saddles gets some more loving from moi.

Loved this album to death, it was extremely difficult to vote for one favorite, I'm not even sure if I voted for the right song. Tied Up, Of Course I'm Lying, 3rd of June, Blazing Saddles, The Race, Otto di Catana. . . aaargh!!

Also, I LOVE how powerful the songs are. Yello definitely did not spare the bass and detail sounds on Flag. To name a few examples; my headphones have the hardest time coping with the part when we hear the race car drive behind us at the start of The Race, and the drums in 3rd of June sound so powerful and bassy, not to mention Dieter's voice in the rappinh bits of that same song. This is just the tip of the iceberg, every single song has powerful instruments with some highlight bits.

Two things that give me mixed feelings though:
* Tied Up and The Race sound directionless. I admit I haven't listened much to Flag so far, but I do feel like these two songs in particular lack direction; it is like they are assembled from random bits of music. There is no clear line drawn between verses and choruses, to put it differently. But that isn't necesarily negative, it is still a joy to listen to these songs, I guess I'm just weird. :P

* I bought the remastered version so I can't confirm this, but I get the feeling Tied Up on the remaster is some kind of a remix. At least it doesn't sound anything like the version on Youtube, On a side note I think the version uploaded on Youtube has a much clearer direction than the version on the album. If someone who owns both versions of Flag can shed some light it would be great.

Anyway, all in all a FANTASTIC album, it is definitely one of, if not my favorite album by Yello. (so far at least, I have 5 more to listen to)
Cryptowen

Postby Cryptowen » Sat Jun 06, 2009 6:14 pm

Bjossi wrote:I bought the remastered version so I can't confirm this, but I get the feeling Tied Up on the remaster is some kind of a remix. At least it doesn't sound anything like the version on Youtube, On a side note I think the version uploaded on Youtube has a much clearer direction than the version on the album. If someone who owns both versions of Flag can shed some light it would be great.

I'm pretty sure most of the tracks Yello use in their music videos get remixed for various reasons (I assume mostly for length & to better fit video). For example, The "Evening's Young" video cuts out the last few minutes of ambiance, & the "I Love You" video uses some different samples than the album version.
Bjossi

Postby Bjossi » Sat Jun 06, 2009 6:41 pm

That's a good point, I never thought of that before. Still a shame that they make so many good versions of some of the singles and those versions end up scattered all over the discography, makes it confusing for the collecting fans. :P

Return to “Yello Polls”