YELLO website Poll

What's your favorite?

What do you think of the new YELLO website?

10 = Amazing! Well worth the wait.
No votes
14%
14%
14%
29%
14%
14%
No votes
No votes
1 = Delete it and start over.
No votes

Total votes: 7
JonKamm

YELLO website Poll

Postby JonKamm » Fri Oct 09, 2009 12:57 am

Yello just updated their website. What do you guys think of it?
On a scale of 1—10

If you haven't seen it check it out here. www.yello.com
Administrator
Bjossi

Postby Bjossi » Fri Oct 09, 2009 7:16 am

Spiffy graphics, nice sounds and ambience but this is much harder to navigate than the old one for a person with shoddy eyesight like myself. And I found the old one to be a royal pain in the ass at times. Not good at all. I have to squint my eyes and concentrate hard to be able to read the text in the ballons when the pointer hovers over those white thingies.

I'm in good mood today so I'll give it a 5. +5 for making it look professional and fun, interactive graphics, but -5 for not giving navigation any thought whatsoever.
JonKamm

Postby JonKamm » Fri Oct 09, 2009 4:22 pm

Bjossi wrote:Spiffy graphics, nice sounds and ambience but this is much harder to navigate than the old one for a person with shoddy eyesight like myself. And I found the old one to be a royal pain in the ass at times. Not good at all. I have to squint my eyes and concentrate hard to be able to read the text in the ballons when the pointer hovers over those white thingies.

I'm in good mood today so I'll give it a 5. +5 for making it look professional and fun, interactive graphics, but -5 for not giving navigation any thought whatsoever.

Yes I think a good website is one you return to over and over again. This site is just eye candy. Once you have seen it there no reason to return. A website needs to be created for the people who visit it. It should be easy to navigate and have great content. Also needs to be updated frequently. This website seems self indulgent. Like the webmaster was saying "Hey look what I can do!" We don't care about the bells and whistles. We want content, easy navigation, fast loading pages and regular updates. I've seen several Yello websites now and none have hit that mark.
Administrator
Bjossi

Postby Bjossi » Sat Oct 10, 2009 5:46 pm

Exactly. Though sadly I doubt our wishes will come true, unless we did some kind of a campaign against bloated websites and attacked yello.com specially. . .
julz
Site Admin

Postby julz » Sun Oct 11, 2009 10:35 am

This site just seems unfinished to me. It’s a bit sloppy in places. Looking at websites that this company has done before they do a nice job. But this one seems rushed.
Julz
Cryptowen

Postby Cryptowen » Mon Oct 12, 2009 5:25 pm

I like the vector style (though I'm undecided on whether or not it really fits Yello's new sound), but the site does seem rather empty. Perhaps they aren't finished adding content...
Bjossi

Postby Bjossi » Mon Oct 12, 2009 10:09 pm

The wireframe space concept has absolutely nothing to do with the lounge atmosphere of Touch Yello, but who cares? This is Yello, they don't have to make sense to be awesome. 8)

Return to “Yello Polls”