Extended Mixes CDR?

Talk of anything YELLO
emotionmachine

Extended Mixes CDR?

Postby emotionmachine » Fri Jun 01, 2012 8:53 am

Just found this on Discogs, no really detailed info.... It looks legit since it has mercury branding. Anyone know anything about it? Anyone *have* it?? I'm intrigued by all the longer versions of these tracks and wondering what they are, they don't conform to any track lengths I'm aware of.

http://www.discogs.com/Yello-Extendes-M ... se/3586147

Info please! :)
julz
Site Admin

Re: Extended Mixes CDR?

Postby julz » Fri Jun 01, 2012 1:17 pm

Some people are listening to the tracks and trying to figure out what is different. Will get back to you with full report.
Julz
julz
Site Admin

Postby julz » Tue Jun 05, 2012 8:24 pm

Yello office said it’s a bootleg. Good to know.
Julz
emotionmachine

Postby emotionmachine » Tue Jun 05, 2012 8:58 pm

The Mercury branding is misleading. Sigh. Ah well...
Tiddlywinks

Postby Tiddlywinks » Thu Jun 28, 2012 3:36 am

julz wrote:Yello office said it’s a bootleg. Good to know.

Alot of the Albums have CDr promo versions listed on Discogs are there really legit CDr promos of these albums?
julz
Site Admin

Postby julz » Thu Jun 28, 2012 6:42 am

You never truly know without asking about each item. Normally they are real it’s just no one has ever heard of these mixes or release. The mixes didn’t sound legitimate as they could have been so it was very suspicious.
Julz
Tiddlywinks

Postby Tiddlywinks » Thu Jun 28, 2012 6:29 pm

julz wrote:You never truly know without asking about each item. Normally they are real it’s just no one has ever heard of these mixes or release. The mixes didn’t sound legitimate as they could have been so it was very suspicious.

It feels like a grey area - would be nice if there was a definitive list of the variations of releases, Jonas lists at Discogs.info are great maybe if it isn't in there then it isn't legit?. I recently got a set of the Remasters as CDRs - buyer beware I know but how do I know they are not soemthing I could have made myself. The curse of collecting - want everything, easily ripped off - not that I think I have been in this case. The various remixes cause me similar problems whats legitimatly Yello, ie.. they were involved in the process or okayed it being done
julz
Site Admin

Postby julz » Thu Jun 28, 2012 7:21 pm

Discogs has a bunch of unofficial releases such as some from Russia and Ukrane. I’m not positive how official those are either.
Julz
Tiddlywinks

Postby Tiddlywinks » Thu Jun 28, 2012 8:16 pm

julz wrote:Discogs has a bunch of unofficial releases such as some from Russia and Ukrane. I’m not positive how official those are either.

I dont mind not having the ones that originate out of Russia, rightly or wrongly I tend to think they are not legit/official - if they contained tracks I could not get elsewhere then it would be different. My problem is that sometimes I want things Yello then sometimes I'm chasing tracks/versions/mixes of Yello music, a self imposed state of anxiety.

Return to “General YELLO Talk”